Friday, September 9, 2016

God Heard My Cry

Image result for a firm place to stand
www.greetingkit.com

“I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
our of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.”
Psalm 40:1-2 (NIV)
   
               These are words of David. Waiting is not something we like to do. Then, David said he did it patiently. Do you remember the picture of a young person holding a megaphone to his mouth and saying, “Lord, I want patience, and I want it now!” That is the way I was in my youth and early adult life.

               God heard David’s cry and He heard mine. When God spoke to my heart, He did not do it instantly but over a period.

               God brought me out of a nasty circumstance in his own way. He did not deal with the person I thought was guilty of doing wrong but He dealt with my heart and pointed out to me what was important in my life. God gave me new spiritual insight along with new friends with which to worship.


               Jesus became real to me through the process of giving Him my pain and concern. I owe Him everything. I now realize have the foundational beliefs to stand for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

'Til the Storm Passed By

  cc This is a hymn that came to my mind this week. I became acquainted with it back in 1978. It has helped me through some difficult times....