Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Servants of the Lord



“Live as free men, but do not use you freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.” 1 Peter 2:16 (NIV)

            Peter writes to believers who have been scattered throughout the known world at that time. In this verse, he tells them not to make their freedom anything less that genuine. I am certain we have all seen persons who talked a good Christian talk but, later, we found out they harbored some devastating secrets. Some of the well-known persons who had those secrets went so far as to deny they did anything wrong
      As the time for Christ to return to earth to set up His new kingdom draws closer, I find myself monitoring my words and my behavior to magnify God. We all should be careful of what we say, what we hear, what we do, and where we go.

            

I thought of this song, a kid's song, as I composed this entry. I hope you enjoy it, After all, aren't we all God's Kids?



2 comments:

  1. We are his children indeed. Freedom is meant as a blessing, not as a facade to cover up misdeeds. Good post Cecelia, thank you for sharing your thoughts on God's Word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marja, for your thought. I appreciate your kindness.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Renew a Right Spirit

  Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in within me. Cast me not from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. P...